I suggest that the only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves. ~ E. M. Forster

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Welcome to our book nook...

Welcome to our little corner of crazy. We are a book club of about seven, though it varies from month to month. We meet once a month to discuss a book a member has selected. There are no rules to selecting a book, except that we tend to shy away from "self-help". We have read some great books, some not so great books, and some I'd rather not admit, but the purpose for each selection is to try something different. We may even spend more time laughing than talking about the book, but life is too short to finish a book you don't enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OK, I finally made it here. Thanks for letting me be a part of this little group. I find that I really look forward to our monthly gathering and the selection of a new book. But, besides that, you girls are a blast!
    Keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need that male point of view!

    ReplyDelete